Friday, November 26, 2010

The Happy Place


It's Black Friday. No I'm not out buying TVs or IPads or any other electronic thing. Instead, I am continuing down this unexpected path I found myself on, trying to get rid of things rather than buy more stuff. On my way home from dropping off two (out of nine) Christmas Cactuses (Cacti?) that I now share a home with (don't ask why) at a friend's house, I spotted The Happy Place. It's a consignment shop. The Happy Place? (conjure up sing along from the 70's...hap hap hap happy place...)
-
Hmmm. A potential good place to sell some coats and scarves and maybe a few trinkets. An oil lamp or two.... or four. A trip home and a car load later and the slow trickle of stuff leaving my life continues.
-





2 comments:

Suki said...

Maybe The Happy Place would be The Happier Place with some cacti.

:)

M.J. said...

Yes, that may work out. Happy Place does have some plants in the windows. Perhaps a few more can leave the basement dungeon and lead a happy life.