Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, August 12, 2012



I got up early today and went out to look for shooting stars. This weekend is the height of the Perseids Meteor Shower. I didn't see anything streaking across the sky but it was a treat to see the beautiful moon with two planets in a line and a few stars nearby.

It was great to see that NASA had a successful Mars landing this past week!  I think it is truly amazing that we can land something on a planet 350 million miles away. There are some really smart people on this planet.
I'm even doubly happy that they succeeded in the mission because I won't have to listen to the dumb cluck naysayers bitching about it, preferring more tax cuts for the very rich or something.

I love space exploration. It is our only hope. I have said it a million times. This planet isn't gonna last forever.
If whatever is left of the human race can survive beyond that, we have to get started at some point.

No comments: