Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Sunday Morning Muse, September 22, 2013




Listening to Autumn Song by Van Morrison as I write and sipping a bit of coffee. I gave up coffee this summer in an attempt to limit caffeine, but once in a while....I just like a few sips in the morning. With a piece of chocolate...or an oatmeal cookie. You gotta live.

It's fall. No looking back. I can sit here entranced in Van singing about the glory of fall, but the reality around here includes gutter cleaning, digging up the cannas, taking out the screens on Coco's Porch and, breaking out the warmer clothes. I need a style. I have none. A few pairs of boots, a couple of  winter skirts that are all too big now. No real fashionable coats. Mostly functional snow shoveling type coats. My 87 year old aunt gave me a leopard print ear warmer thing. It's not muffs, this fabric thing just sort of wraps around your head. She said someone gave it to her but it's not her 'style.'  (At least SHE has a style.) On the plus side, my hair is beautiful now thanks to the beautician/magician.

I discovered an old barber's table in the storage garage at next door to the used furniture store and they let me have it for a sweet 30 bucks. It needs a little work but eventually will work great under the window in the kitchen. Looking around in the store was a trip back in time. I saw the bedroom suite I had as a kid. I also saw the entertainment stand I had in my first apartment. I got rid of it when it started to"sag" in the middle due to the weight of all my albums and the heavy box style TV.  I had these huge speakers next to it, too. And between hooking up to a VCR,  a "tuner" (with 24 pre-set), a pre amp, and a turntable, that fake wood should have collapsed on day one.










No comments: