Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Glory of the Leaves, Change of Season



The view over the valley. To be honest, an older picture, but it looks pretty much the same. Those two colorful trees are just starting to shed their leaves like every year.  I remember them well from childhood, when my best friend lived across the street and the trees provided hours of fun as we jumped into their leaves or used them as "home base" in a game of hide and seek, or a game we played called Bloody Murder where one person hid and everyone sought that person, and screamed BLOODDDY MURRDER when spotted.  I'm sure the other neighbors loved that.

I'm treating myself to a new pair of boots, bought online. I never did that before. I hope they fit. I have one pair of dress boots and everytime I wear them, more people talk to me. Even if it is only to tell me how nice my boots are. It's nice to be noticed.

Lately, with all my life changes, music has taken a back seat. At a get together a few months ago I was handed a guitar and, for a second, couldn't really think of anything to play by heart.  An odd feeling for someone like me who once had 50 songs at ready, just needing an audience. Life happens. I managed to eek out a version of Layla and Margaritaville. Nothing special. It was a wake up call to hone my talents again. Perhaps I'll make a space in the basement. Hook everything up again.  A winter hobby. Something to do with the change of seasons.

Season of wither. I think that is an old Aerosmith song.  So few flowers left now. Marigolds....and the
Big amaranth...loves lies bleeding.....and a Pansy pot I put on the porch.  Color is going to be gone soon and the gray and white winter landscape is ahead. Yesterday I almost drove off the road looking at the blue of
the sky and the colorful trees along the road.  That blue is the color of my room. Real sky blue.

Drinking coffee again. Just a little bit more.  Warms the innards. Less calories than hot chocolate.  Winter jammies are washed and ready. Extra blanket for the bed. I bought new socks that are warm. That's nice about fall, isnt' it?  Turning on the electric fireplace again, airing out my favorite sweaters.  Snuggling up and watching a movie.

But there are no longer any children outside yelling  BLOOOODDYYY MURRRDER.



No comments: