Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 1, 2013


Gosh it's dark. Cats are still in bed. It's only December 1st, but it feels like it has been Christmas for month. Maybe it has been in some capitalist way.  I'm already sick of the Christmas clock that plays music at the top of every hour. Seemed like a nice thing to put up at the time. A week ago.

Nice to see Eric Martsolf of Days of our Lives in the Macy's parade in the 'Burg. I saw the pictures of him. Handsome as hell. Nice smile.  Wish they would make his character smarter on the show.

The Soap is one of my Guilty Pleasures. Got hooked on it three years ago when mom was in the hospital. Marsolf plays Brady Black who was to marry his dad's old flame who happens to be a loon who once tried to kill Marlena, who is his dad's wife (for now). The wedding was spoiled (during Sweeps week) when Marlena inadvertently played a video tape during the ceremony that showed the priest (Marlena's son) having sex with the bride to be.. The loon had drugged him and taped the act as part of a vengeful plot (too involved to get into here) but regretted it when she really did later fall in love with Brady.  Oh did I mention the priest is Brady's half brother?

Today I'm feeling rather grumpy and irrelevant. Being stuck in the house most of these past five days has made me realize how far behind I am getting with technology. Am I the only person without wifi in their home, an Xbox, a really cool smartphone, a tablet, and the biggest, most pixilated TV on the planet? Maybe I have a distorted view of reality from watching too many commercials. Okay, I'm not exactly in the horse and buggy stage, but I'm close.  I have a 3 year old IPOD,  a free Verizon phone, Windows XP computer, and a reasonable size TV but not in HD.  If someone wanted to invest a little money in upgrades I could catch up eventually. Anyone have me on their Christmas list?  I've been awfully good this year.

For those who care, the Eustachian Tube Dysfunction thing has continued to be the bane of my existence. I can't hear right and it is driving me insane. After Antibiotics,  benedryl, Claritin, cough syrup, generic crap, gum, and plain Sudafed didn't help, I'm plodding forward with a new steroid nose spray and Mucinex D, which also has Sudafed in it.  Had to show my driver's license to buy it because there are regs about Sudafed sales and anything with Sudafed in it because of idiot drug heads who use it to manufacture drugs. Let me say I could never understand why anyone would want to take this stuff for fun.  It makes your heart flutter. Not in a good way, like when I look at Eric Martsolf.






No comments: