Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Sunday Morning Muse, March 18, 2018


It's Sunday and the sun is rising up over the city through my window,  on a chilly 21 degree day.  I really notice the floaters in my eyes getting worse when I look at the sunrise, so that detracts from the glory of the moment somewhat.  My one friend got rid of his floaters with surgery. Punctured his eye in three places and took out all the fluid inside and replaced it with saline.   My eye doctor says I'm not ready for that yet.  Don't know if he meant physically, emotionally, or both.  It does sound like an exquisite form of torture. But I digress.

I am a caregiver to my 87 year old disabled mother.  No, this blog isn't going to be about that.  This is my escape from that.  Yet, at times, like today, I feel compelled to write that right now there is yodeling coming from the other room as she is listening to a German program on the radio.  Not ideal conditions to create deep thoughts and convey them to you on this blog.  But I'll just move along.

The snowbells are up....and I spotted two crocuses  ( croci?) yesterday near the house.  I measure the year by flowers.  Snowbells are always first....we'll be waiting for the daffodils and tulips next. Will Trump be impeached in lilac time or must we wait for the Sunflowers?






No comments: