Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pet Food Scare... What is Next?

I took back the remainder of the Special Kitty Beef and Gravy packets to Walmart last week. Now we find out that rat poison from China is the cause of the deaths of dozens of unfortunate pets. It was chilling to me to listen to the report that the "cuts and gravy" types of pet food are sold under almost a hundred different brand names... with one source of possibly contaminated Wheat Gluten, suspected as the culprit.

I think of all the time I spend staring at the back of cereal box, mindlessly reading the ingredients, not knowing where they came from or how they were processed. I'm sure you have read it time and time again yourself. How big of a leap is it to think that a nation of cereal eaters could be targets next?

I'm in a rather somber mood this morning as Sweetie Pea and I eat breakfast.

No comments: