Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, August 19, 2007


This morning's post was delayed today. When I went to get milk for my coffee, I discovered that sometime in the night, my Kenmore fridge went to Refrigerator Heaven.
It wasn't like I didn't know the end was near. It had all the signs. Temperature had gone up, water was accumulated in places it shouldn't, and its bottom rusted out. Never made a noise though, suffered in silence till the end, because the compressor or whatever is in there, went. The Big One.



No time to mourn. The clean up began immediately... taking all the stuff out that was still edible, and then opening up the freezer --- and finding out that the Luigi's Italian Ice cups were competely melted. I grabbed one, instead of solid ice.... a big squirt of Srawberry slush sprayed like pink tears all over the rug.


The new Frigidare will be here tomorrow.

No comments: