Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Heard the News Today, Oh Boy


I got it straight from the Tiger's Mouth. Tiger is out for the rest of the 2008 Season. If you are any fan of golf, by now, you know why. ACL surgery and stress fractures in his tibia. Yikes. Of course I must say how bad I feel for him, and wish him the best in his recovery. The docs say the prognosis is good. Let's hope time heals.


Tiger is a force of nature in the golf world. The ripple in the pond effect is substantial. Face it, the PGA tour has much higher ratings when he plays. Advertising dollars are sure to dry up. Speaking as a fan of the game as well as a player, I am as sad for him not being able to play, as I am sad that I cannot watch him. I planned my weekends around watching him golf. The past 8 weeks he was out following The Master's, I'll be stretching it to say I watched half of a tour event during that whole time. It's going to be a long summer without him.




No comments: