Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, April 19, 2009




"If it all gets too much and they lock me up, I want a great big strait-jacket with spots on it. A pink one... and a big zip on the back so I can escape." Susan Boyle
--
You have probably seen Susan singing her "I Dreamed a Dream," by now or have watched her interviewed on one of the many TV shows. If not, there is a link to it in one of my recent posts below. I've thought a lot about Susan this week. She is a good reminder that talent doesn't have anything to do with perky boobs, white teeth and bouncy hair.

Real talent, not the synthesized, repackaged, slick, remakes of songs by little girls with a lot of makeup and sexy clothes--- touches your soul.
-
It is precisely what is gone from the commercial airwaves today.

No comments: