Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Sunday Morning Muse, February 3, 2013



It's Sunday morning once again. No sun to speak of...yet. Snow out there. Cold. Dark. Lights from the houses on the hill over the viaduct kind of look like stars without my glasses on. Trying to live in the present moment and not worry so much.

Stella's back home. We did get her in rehab and she is improving. Good attitude, glad to be here, even with my cooking.

Practicing mindfulness. Like, for example, now. Right now in THIS present moment I am sipping my second cup of coffee and wondering whether it will mess with the Nexium capsule I took an hour ago. The cat is curled in a ball but with one eye open toward the door, ever vigilant of the sudden intrusion of the other cat. The cat is mindfulness, incarnate. She teaches me a lot.

I glanced at the headlines to see if something interests/inspires/outrages/amuses me. It's slim pickings today. I don't care to comment on the new "side boob" fashion phase, or whether Ed Koch was gay. Was Burger King selling hamburgers with horsemeat in the U.K.? Superbowl commercials...I must be old, I remember when they were a mere 750 thousand dollars a piece. Now they are four million. I'll probably see more of them than I will the game, since I don't care which team wins. If the Steelers aren't playing, it's not really important around here.

Hmm...This Fark.com headline is epitome of irony: Deadliest Sniper in US History Killed at Rifle Range.




No comments: