Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Sunday Morning Muse, November 10, 2013


"Look at me and take my breath away..." Listening to Autumn Song this morning and waiting for the sun. A good late night or very early morning song. Huge cloud covering in the southeast. Just a small opening in the spotty sky.. Cat wants to play, and has tons more energy than me today.

The back is no worse for wear after leave raking yesterday, which is good. I got to wear Aunt Sylvia's animal print head wrap. It kept my clogged ears warm. Three weeks now hard of hearing. Eustacian Tube Dysfunction. It's a diagnosis. It's a thing. So I feel better about it. Not Sudden Deafness for no reason. (Not that I didn't brush up on my sign language letters I learned in elementary school. I think I know about 20 of them. Then I realized I could probably still talk if I went deaf. Catastrophic Thinking. That is my downfall sometimes.)

I first noticed it while driving  to work one morning.  I got tired of AM radio people bloviating about sports and put some music on the CD player. And it still sounded like AM radio. Hmmm. Speakers going bad? Press again, put up louder, different song. Same thing. Popped ears....chewed gum, freaked out a few times. Saw doc. Antibiotics, decongestants. A little better on one side. That's the whole story for now. Still freaking a little since it's taking so long to clear, but that's just normal for me.






No comments: