Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Sunday Morning Muse, November 17, 2013



Darkness, rain and 54 degrees. Cats are squaring off already this morning. I'm trying to ignore them. It's been a week. Sambo has psychogenic alopecia. Pulling out her fur. I can relate. I feel the same way sometimes, Kitty.  But it is more than that in that she has caused some kind of festering wound on her belly.
Sweet Pea went through the hair pulling out thing awhile back and it got pretty bad.  Vet recommended Prozac, but I'm not going to do that. Me, or the cat. Two shots later and flea meds, $134.

We both need to de-stress.

So I'm going to build a room of my own downstairs. Decided on DriCore for the subfloor and cleared out the space. The Bro-in-law will help.  Not a "Woman Cave" or any dreadful word like that. This is not a space for huge TVs and overstuffed furniture and entertaining and noise. Rather,  I imagine a clutter free zone with space for yoga, a few chairs, a small table, some shelving, who knows what else right now, but I want a defined space. A place to retreat, maybe take Sambo with me. Build a cat climbing thing for her.

The rain is steady now. Reading three books at once, and I can guarantee no one in the world is reading the same ones at the same time. I'm re-reading The Shipping News by Annie Proulx, because I love her writing style so much that I want to write like her. A Pulitzer prize winner. Wonderful characters.  I ordered the Billy Bob Tapes by Billy Bob Thornton and Kinky Friedman on an impulse.  Thought it would be entertaining. Maybe a laugh or two. So far...well. Jury's still out. Then there's Monkey Mind... A Memoir of Anxiety by Daniel Smith. Recommended by a friend who saw him speak. Rambles a bit, but spot on at times. Especially if you have ever suffered an anxiety attack. Three quarters a way through he lost my interest. I just got tired of him.

Genvalia Coffee smells coming from the kitchen. Gotta go for now.









No comments: