Thursday, March 12, 2009

CoCo Update


Sad to report that CoCo has had a complication from her spaying. She is mute. It's been four days and I am concerned for her. She pitifully looks up at me and moves her mouth like a meow and nothing comes out. At the very end of her vocal attempt is a little "chortle" or tiny retch like sound.


The vet offered no immediate answers. Just wait a few days and see if she gets better. Some animals are more sensitive. Of course that doesn't ease my worries. I've told CoCo's story to everyone within my circle of people and no one has had this happen before.


Also I've done at least 400 google searches and found no other cat in a situation similar to CoCo's. I did manage to scare myself with horrible stories of cats who have had intubations go
wrong on the table. I am also aware now just how small and sensitive that airway is...and how easily it can be damaged.


On the bright side, other than the muteness, she bounced back fine from the actual surgery. It breaks my heart to see her try to meow, though.


No comments: