Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, March 1, 2009



Sunshine and 18 degrees on this first of March, but it's amazing the optimism that has sprung forth. January and February.... DONE. Next week the clocks change, so the days will get longer. The lawn and garden sections of stores have started opening up...and there, not far from the freshly stocked Easter stuff, sit the gnomes waiting to go home to gardens and patios all over the land.
-
I'm not a gnome owner myself. But if the right one crosses my path, I may get one to replace the two frogs that perished here last year. The Yard Guy who comes to cut the grass whacked the heads off both of them with the weed wacker. I didn't say anything, because they were not big frogs, and were obviously obscured by weeds... so it wasn't a big deal. But a gnome will gain more respect from the Yard Guy, who certainly won't miss a red pointed hat sticking up, even if the weeds around the place do get a bit high.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a fun and nicely written piece.

It's actually snowing here. I was excited to see it and to celebrate March. It's one of my favorite months. I love transitional months: a little of this (snow), a little of that (spring). Very much like life.

I decided to do an old cheer in the living room from my high school days. I was pleased that I could remember it and do it. Just like the old days. Except now, it makes me pee a little during the high jumps.