Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, June 28, 2009


What a week. I didn't think in this age of 24 hour news that 23 and a half of it could be Michael Jackson, but that is about what it has come to. North Korea, Iran, Iraq and Afghanistan and health care will all have to wait. Even that love lorn Governor Sanford got blown out of the blaring lime light, though he is certainly not forgotten. His whole affair has the makings of a LIFETIME movie for sure. I want Richard Gere to play the part of the Governor, preoccupied by Latin Love.

What I've gotten out of all this is that I never want to be famous. Seriously. I don't want people who adore me following me around. I don't want so much money that I go nuts and end up blowing it all. As much as reality bites at times, it's nice to be somewhat grounded and normal. The word Peaceful comes to mind. I think a lot of us take privacy, normalcy and just ordinary life for granted. I know Farrah would've agreed with me. Her suffering was compounded by the tabloids and that incessant quest to exploit her, just because they could. There was no humanity, no civility, no respect.

May Michael and Farrah both rest in peace.

No comments: