Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, Sept 6, 2009


Labor Day weekend. Fall is here no matter when it starts on the calendar. That means it is time to come up with some kind of fall wardrobe. In my case fall is actually a hybrid of my winter and summer clothes. (Although I do ditch the white shoes after Labor Day and most shorts above the knee.)

I read an article at Yahoo about a woman who wore the same black dress for a whole year. That's EVERYDAY. But she accessorized it differently to make it casual, formal, everyday...etc.

If you peek at the story, you see she is a young, tiny little wisp of thing with a funky look. If I wore even one of those styles... wild colored pantyhose or bright blue shoes or some vintage hat, I'd get laughed out of work, so the best I could come away with was perhaps I could pull out some of the colorful scarves that don't see the light of day that often, and raid my jewelry box a bit more to be creative.

So today I'm raiding the closet for items to use as accessories to my normal bland stuff. Not pairing it with a black dress everyday, but using things I don't normally wear to brighten up the darks and neutrals I get so sick of. It can't hurt to try. It's all about being frugal and being creative at the same time.

One last thought: Wasn't last year the year that Brown was the new Black? Or was that two years ago? Does anyone really care?

No comments: