Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Sunday Morning Muse, September 27, 2009


Bought the Sunday paper today, and sat down on the livingroom floor to read it. As I hunched over to read a story near the top of the paper, I realized my back doesn't like this position much, and I picked up the paper to try to read it that way instead. After a few paragraphs, the story continued on page 8. Finish this story now? Read the rest of the front page, and read it next? Read pages 1 - 7 and try to remember the story I started reading page 1?
-
Decisions.
-


Distracted by the comics. Realized I don't read any of the comics much. Well, maybe Dilbert. Started reading that instead.


Saw pages and pages of local G-20 coverage. Glanced at some of it. Knew most of it already, having watched the local news all week.
-
Read a story about an organist, Cameron Carpenter. Amazing guy. So interesting that I went to the computer and looked him up on YouTube.
-
Of course, the lure of the computer could not be resisted. I watched three other videos, checked facebook, and bought three books on Amazon before I realized that the Newspaper was still on the floor waiting for me.
-
At this rate I may not ever finish it.

No comments: