Friday, July 8, 2011

A Rainy Day Contemplating BLUE


Nothing like rain and thunderstorms to motivate you on a summer's day to stay home and tackle all jobs that were put off while I laid in the sun and sipped lime melonade, a new wine cooler that's out. It's been Stay-cation week here.
-
The big INSIDE paint job will be tackled soon, and the worst part is putting all the stuff away. This had led to many rabbit holes I've gone down as I sifted through boxes and found old letters, or mulled over books to donate. (yes, can't believe after giving away most of my books in THE BIG MOVE that there are still books that could GO.) I'm taking down stuff from the walls, putting away stuff from curios and shadow boxes. Breakables. Stuff on shelves. It is endless.
-
Can't believe all the paint colors and the strange names for them. I've chosen Churchill Hotel Vanilla instead of Malted Milk for the living room. My bedroom will be blue. Not just any blue. I wanted the color of the beautiful blue sky Tuesday, but pointing to the sky outside of Lowe's won't necessarily help the cause. I found Summer Sky, but ironically Rain Dance is prettier.
-
The painter, a long ago boyfriend who agreed to help me out, talked me into a white ceiling. Old fashioned. In the old days everyone had white ceilings, no matter what the other walls were. That's just how it was. Except here. Our bathroom has white walls with a blue ceiling.
-
Back to work boxing stuff up again. I swear I need to immerse myself in that non attachment stuff again. I need to pare down more. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
-
Back to work.

No comments: