Saturday, March 10, 2012

Better Left Unsaid

Really tough to collect thoughts and put them out there lately. I've started typing countless times this week and ended up deleting everything. I keep thinking of Janis Joplin, who at one time was a half decent artist. Until she saw someone who could paint better than she could, and decided that perhaps singing was something she could really open up with and let out whatever emotions she was feeling inside. And the rest is history of course.


With me, in the narrow sense of writing, I start out with a noble idea, and then end up in doubt. I read someone who got there first. Where I wanted to be. Made the points I wanted to make.  Whether it be Tony Norman's column  about Rush Limbaugh on Friday, or the brilliance of Jon Stewart ripping Rick Santorum for his asinine remarks about Kennedy's speech and the "snobbery" of actually hoping your kids go to college. Are you kidding me? 


My frustration with all the rhetoric out there is dragging me down. I get emotional and partisan and want to use four letter words and really lambaste people and make my points in capital letters. Hardly conducive to writing a civil post and putting out thoughts worth reading.

But I'll keep working at it.






No comments: