Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

What a St. Patrick's Day!  It's a beautiful 70 degree day with crocuses, mini irises, and even some daffodils coming up in the yard. Big change from the snows of last year, with spring no where in sight. It makes a huge difference in my outlook. Despite a dreaded spring sinus infection, I'm inspired to at least plant a few types of flower seeds today inside in my trays, and make a list of what it is I actually want to grow outside in the side vegetable garden this year. This may be the year to move the raised beds and get serious. 

"Everyone is nice till the cow gets in the garden."  Irish proverb.

In my case it's the deer. But I've got plans. Tore down the old fence, and plan to put up netting over some old metal frames salvaged from past election campaigns. They are great to use for this purpose. And portable, so you can open up the netting anywhere to get into the garden to do work. Two smaller 4 by 8 beds in this case make it easier than one big 12 by 12 foot square garden I had before. I know the math doesn't work out. but I have the room for space between them, too.



No comments: