Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, October 7, 2012


I like October a lot. The ritual of cleaning out the garden, taking pictures of the colorful trees, pulling out sweaters from the closets.... decorating for Halloween....

I don't go overboard like some people, I just put a few subtle things around, like this skull in my rock garden, a few pumpkin heads and decorations and a few novelties on Coco's porch, but it's fun. A shame we don't get many Halloweeners anymore. Kids go to the better neighborhoods, plus there aren't many kids around here anyway. I buy candy just in case. But I end up eating it.

Another ritual I like is digging up old horror movies and watching them. Right now I'm watching Vincent Price's Diary of a Madman. I like the old movies better than the new slasher and violent type movies. House on Haunted Hill, House of Wax, Dr. Phibes...Vincent Price is great. My all time favorite horror movie is still Night of the Living Dead, made in Pittsburgh."They're comin' to get you, Barbraaaaa...."




No comments: