Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, November 18, 2012



Cat and I looked out the window and saw stars about twenty minutes ago....now the rim of orange is over the valley, the stars are gone and sunrise is 15 minutes away.  Another day dawning.  Been trying to let things just be this week. Don't push the river. Live in the present. But it's hard to do sometimes.

Like, today is a good day to put up Christmas lights. Get ahead of the game. I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but if radio stations have already gone "all Xmas all the time," it's not me who is pushing things worse. I've already heard Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer. Personally, I think all this is silly. I'd be happy to limit the holiday season to just two weeks. Quality over quantity.  I wasn't happy with some major retailers telling workers they have to work Thanksgiving day to get a jump on Black Friday either.
All this is motivated by greed. Let these people celebrate THIS holiday with their families, before the whole
Christmas rush starts.





No comments: