Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pat Benatar is 60 today




The 1980's rock stars of my college days are getting old. I did some sad math the other day. I was remembering how "old" alumni visitors to campus looked when I was in school. My God, I would think, that one graduated in the 50's! I wasn't even born yet. I would try to imagine what their college days were like....bobbie soxers or whatever. Poodle skirts? Cars with big fins?

Totally another planet. Totally, I probably thought. In valley girl speak, which was popular in the 80s.

Take a chill pill for a minute. I'm so sure.

Well I'm feeling gnarly just thinking about this. I wonder how I look to these 2013 students?  As dorky and
totally from another planet as the 50's alums visiting back in the Pat Benatar 80's. Her poster was on my sophomore wall. And we all did the "Safety Dance" and Everybody Wang Chunged Tonight.

And we drove 4 speed Tercels.

And listened to cassettes.

Gag me with a spoon.




No comments: