Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Sunday Morning Muse, January 12, 2014




Good morning dark, damp rainy world.  It's Sunday once again. The snow has melted away into a damp mess outside and the yard is squishy and full of mole holes. The woods looks haggard, with a few downed or leaning trees, lots of  what I call "weed stalks" and brush that needs cleared. Walking to the dump with the cat litter,  I looked back at the house and tried to imagine the tomato garden,  the 30 foot aerial with morning glory flowers all the way up....the flowers along the driveway....alas, nothing will look pretty again for months. The greenhouse has a leak in the roof, too. Something to fix. Don't really know how yet.

Work begins on the new yoga/quiet room downstairs. I'll update on the progress. Right now it is a clean space with a stack of DriCor subfloor panels on the floor, ready to go. Other homeowner issues have prevailed, so the start as been delayed a bit.  It's always something.

The guy who voiced the Yukon Cornelius character in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer died this week at age 91.  I vaguely remember actor Larry Mann from Bewitched.  The movie is a part of childhood. A classic, that will endure for a long time. We have a lot of reindeer toys and figurines I am still putting away from Christmas. Boxing up the holiday stuff till next year.  Next up, Valentine's Day.

In the meantime, I'm hearing  "gotta get through January, gotta get through February." as I listen to Van Morrison.

NPR is soliciting from listeners the six songs of your life.  I made a submission then spent time reading the others and I was pleased to see so many great songs that I  missed.A lot of Van Morrison fans out there. I picked a song associated with my young years, my school years, college days, young adult life and right now. But after I read everyone else's I wished I could add a whole lot more.  It brought back a lot of sweet memories.

No comments: