Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Sunday Morning Muse, January 5, 2014


A peek under the window blind reveals darkness and nothing much stirring as we await the bone chilling temperatures coming our way across the country.  Newspeople suddenly trade their "farm show" stories and the latest flu numbers for a flurry of weather stories, and the companion stories of.....Check on your elderly neighbors!  Buy Food! Open the cabinets so the pipes don't freeze! And, for the real stupid idiots out there: Don't forget to bring your pets inside. If you are cold they are cold!

Up in Newfie, my friend King Bhumi is caught in the midst of 15 inches of snow, blizzard wind conditions, and now rolling blackouts because of power company problems.  I couldn't live there.  I'm not hardy enough.  That is life or death weather, even more so when you have no power.  I feel for him with his coleman stove and can of stew.

Of course some knuckle dragger, (cue Donald Trump) continues to be all snarky about the bad weather.   That will play well for the rubes at Fox News. Back in the real world it is hardly worth explaining that Global Warming CAUSES extreme weather changes.  The nuance is lost on him.



Normally I don't even waste energy on stuff like this, but this morning I'm just feeling annoyed at things. I just hate all the extra hoops I have to jump through to live my normal routine when the weather gets bad.   Maybe if I were a "kept" woman who always had a driver with a heated all wheel drive vehicle. Or perhaps If I could take a winter escape....  go where the snow could fall as it may as I watch out of a bay window sipping hot chocolate next to a fire, stepping outside only to take a few scenic pictures or a quick, and  I do mean quick, hike just to experience the winter wonderland affect...and retreat right back inside. Then fast forward to spring.

Marijuana is legal for sale in Colorado. This doesn't affect my life one iota, as I do not smoke pot. I don't have a dog in his fight. But I was amused by some of the comments from people who seem pretty upset about it. One woman I heard said, "I don't like this at all....people are going to get all drugged up and go out and start shooting people."  

Oh save us from a state full of gun-toting stoners! Grab the Cheetos! That will hold them off until we get help!

 I coulda really jumped in with." how about drug testing before you can buy a gun? This way we will know if they smoke pot or do any other drugs.  Would that solve it?"   LOL.  My own snark.  But I didn't say anything. It's just so....unnecessary to argue about stuff like this

There will always be people who smoke pot. Legal or not. Good people and Bad people.  There will always be people who kill with guns. Good people and Bad people. That pretty much says it all.




No comments: