Sunday, January 14, 2007

Remembering the Death Clock


Morbid curiousity led me to the Death Clock about 9 years ago. Someone from work showed me it. I did it on a lark. First you plug in your birthdate, and whether your outlook is NORMAL, OPTIMISTIC or PESSIMISTIC. Then there is this BMI index calculator on the site, which is part of the death date calculation. With any luck, I'm going to make it to November 22, 2043.



From the site, there's a link to find out death causes of famous people. You will have to check it out yourself to see if you believe Mama Cass actually died choking on a ham sandwich. Here's a picture of her grave:






Somehow the Death Clock sparked interest in a Death Pool at work and we actually created lists of celebrities we thought would die soon. Frank Sinatra, who was on my list, passed away that particular year, so I won the accumulated "pot" of money which turned out to be 50 dollars. As fate would have it, my father passed away the same day. I used the money to buy a black dress to wear to the funeral.







No comments: