Thursday, February 8, 2007

Cupid -- Save Me from Online Dating


"PARKER, CO—After years of unrelenting disappointment and failure on the dating scene, eligible singles Karen Ridenour and Paul Klein forged an instant, clinging bond last month through a mutual desperation born mainly out of an intense fear of being unloved for the rest of their lives. " quoted from The Onion.

I laughed the first time I read that line. Then I read it again and thought, sheesh, that is probably reality for quite a lot of couples out there.


Ever notice how the on line dating ads suddenly double around the holidays?

The ads show these deliriously happy couples who "found" a soul mate after they answered several questions. And if these dancing, kissing, smiling people can find each other, I'm sure someone out there will match with YOU, too. I have some advice though before you throw your hat in the ring. Take a new photo. I don't care how wonderful you looked on the beach last summer if there is still a body-less hand draped over your shoulder, from where you "cropped out" your old girlfriend.

No comments: