Sunday, February 25, 2007

Virgin Mary on a Pizza Pan



It was a normal day for Guadalupe Rodriguez, washing and scrubbing a sheet pan at Pugh Elementary Schol in Houston, when... she noticed something special about this particular pan.... behold! The Virgin Mary! I wanted to make sure my dear friend in Houston --an avid Goosepath reader--was aware of this. I wrote him, and he reports back that sure enough, even the Anna Nicole story was blown off the front page, and as he describes it, "It was the lead story on T.V. that night. You had people in wheel chairs and walkers coming up and praying to the pizza pan."



Indeed the AP story says that more than 200 of the faithful attended the shrine on Thursday, and dozens more arrived on Friday.



I'm not sure what to make of it all. My friend suggested we get Father Guido Sarducci on this right away. Maybe arrange a "Pizza Pan" Tour, so the masses ( pardon the pun) can enjoy it up close.

No comments: