Monday, February 25, 2008

I See Dead People.... Who Knew?


I read a newspaper just about everyday. Not all of it, but I do glance at most of the headlines, read what interests me here and there, and I always look at the obituaries, especially in the local paper, to see who died. Heaven forbid, someone I know dies, and I miss it.
-
A funny story: My mom quit sending Christmas cards to someone because she thought he died.

Turns out it was someone with the same name. She hadn't sent him a card in 3 years. A few weeks ago I saw the guy waiting in line in the drug store, and of all things, he was reading the obituaries in the paper which he just snagged from the newstand, and he was amusing the others in line at the store by saying.... 68? I beat him. 74? Beat him, too.... 86..... he got me beat....


Anyhow, I found this cool site. It lists everyone of note who died in the past 6 months. Just in case you missed it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a very funny little story. Love it.