Thursday, February 14, 2008

Won't You Be My Valentine?


I smiled a lot today, just observing people trying to do something for Valentine's Day. I truly don't know whether it is better or worse to be part of a couple on this day anymore.



It can be pressure... finding just the right gift, when you are literally on your way home from work. Saw a lot of those guys lined up at the candy store.... all stressed out.



Then there's the women who sit in offices full of other women and watch the delivery man pull up. It's like some dreadful love lottery.... a public display of who is loved... and who is not.


And I opened up my Email...and wow! A Valentine's E-card ....when you care enough to hit SEND.


Thanks Suki! It's nice to be remembered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome! As a single 40-something, I really don't get terribly down on Valentine's Day. I see it as a wonderful excuse to buy myself some chocolates and enjoy them--guilt free! (Of course, I say the same thing once a month, as well.)