Wednesday, November 26, 2008

If Jesus had a Palm Pilot


Four different versions of the Bible on his Palm Pilot. That's what the Reverend showed me today.

We were having a conversation about his new Blackberry, which he quickly pulled out of his other pocket. But he talked about what a big decision it was to upgrade. He was used to his Palm Pilot. It had everything in it.

Not having use for four versions of the Bible, I had never seen it on a Palm Pilot and asked him to demonstrate it. He quickly handed it to me...told me to pick a version... King James.... Spanish....there were two others... abbreviated such that they could be in the original Aramaic(sp?)and I wouldn't question it.

So I settled for King James, Genesis. Chapter 2, Verse One. Boom. Right there in my hand. He then showed me with one touch how to make it Spanish. This comes handy on his Mission trips to Ecuador.

If it were me, I'd go to some village...and just for fun, pretend I knew the Bible by heart...and cleverly conceal the Palm Pilot... well... in my palm. And spout chapter and verse to the delight of my little audience. Okay, they would get bored pretty quickly with all the "begats"...

It got me to thinking.... what if Jesus had a Palm Pilot? What would He keep in it? Probably nothing, since he would know everything already, right?

I wonder if he knew that someday someone would invent a Palm Pilot. Or maybe he was too preoccupied with Pontius Pilate? (Couldn't resist that one. Sorry.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You went a looong way for that. , I'm sure it never crossed his mind.

M.J. said...

Thinking further.... would anyone really WANT to know EVERYTHING?

It's what keeps me going. Like watching a movie.... every twist and turn in the plot. Not knowing how it will end. Not having all the answers. A chance to learn something new everyday.

It's like taking a bite of food and wanting more... looking for more.. finding new places to eat and trying them. Instead of having it all laid out like a smorgasboard in front of you.Knowing that all you will ever eat is right there.

Makes you feel realize how NOT FUN it is to carry the burden of Knowing Everything.

Also makes you hungry.