Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Sunday Morning Muse, November 16, 2008


The Muse is a bit late today. Suffice to say it simply couldn't be helped. I went shopping.
-
The best part was when an old friend caught me staring at the wall of digital TVs in Walmart like I was in a trance. I couldn't hide it, I was. My brain was in wish mode. Yeah, I want this, but I also want to get a computer...and I want new clothes...and I would actually like to buy OTHER people presents... so how much do I want a TV? Especially when every time I turn on the TV I do have the stock market and the economy is all doom and gloom...and the bobble heads on the Sunday shows are saying we could get into a WORSE depression than ever if the politicians screw up the big bailouts. Yikes.
-
No TV for me. Off to save the world!
-
Alas, I can't save everyone. I could however improve the miserable life of this scruffy cat who showed up this past week. It has been hiding under a porch glider after beating up a neighborhood cat. I judged him harshly for that, but I thought about it, and decided to fatten him up a bit and see if his outlook on life gets better. Maybe he'll learn to play nice. I can't take him to a shelter, because no one would want him. I'd hate to see him killed.
-
No that baldish spot on his shoulder isn't mange. But his hair sticks up in the most ridiculous way on top his back. He has a mean growl, too. I'll keep you posted.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
--Mahatma Gandhi