Thursday, December 30, 2010

Losing Track


New Year, new slate, open book. Blah, Blah Blah. 2011.
-
Really? Ten years of the 21st century gone?

-
My mother "lost track" of the years after the "19's" she said. I was sad when she said that. (She's 80.)
-
But now I'm not doing so well at keeping "track" myself. I used to keep track of decades by music. I worked in radio all those years and could win a lot of bar bets with music trivia. Now I'm pretty much defeated in the mid 90's. I gave up on music then. No longer listen to anything new, unless it is old artists doing something new, or an indie group I hear on public radio. But nothing earthshattering. Nothing that defines a decade.

-

I digress.

-

So tomorrow night I'll go to bed early. Wake up to a new year that I hope in some way will be better for us all. A few more happy times, a few more friends, and maybe even some new music.

Even if I have to make up the songs myself.

No comments: