Friday, December 3, 2010

Not Getting Rich on Bruce Springsteen


A big step today in clearing out the former apartment. My friend the junkman came to see what he could take and "scrap."
-
He noticed a precariously stacked bunch of 45 rpm records on a desk and told me in not to just get rid of them. "They could be worth something. Especially in good condition."
-
Most of my records aren't worth the space they take up in the closet honestly. Many are scratched from years of wear and tear, not to mention bad needles with pennies on them.
-
But the one that fell out of the stack today and got my hopes up was Bruce Springsteen's My Hometown with Santa Claus is Coming to Town on the flip side. The Santa version was from 1975. And the record itself looked like it had never been played. The record was "made" in 1981. And I had the sleeve pictured above and all.
-
Hmmm.. Ebay here I come.
Travelling hopefully is always better than arriving. The end of my "search" revealed several of these records. Damn. Worth maybe 5 bucks. Ain't worth it even to ship it. And I can't give it away.

No comments: