Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, September 25, 2011


Someone sent me this link of 1940's photographs, many taken from color slides, that depict the lifestyle of the men, women and children of that era. Having seen so many photos in black and white from that time period, it is striking to see the colors of real life...long ago.
-
This week Facebook announced big changes. Something called a Timeline. The gist of it is that Facebook wants to stay relevant to you. Keep your memories. Become a 'home' to you on the internet. Posting pictures on Facebook and sharing day to day observations is a way of life for a lot of people. I enjoy it myself. But I think it is a huge step to say I want to post my baby pictures on there...keep a journal of my life, or let it pop up snippets of my conversational posts at whim.
-
I don't know what Facebook will look like in 20 years from now, but I guarantee you there are a lot of stupid things people post with no thought in mind that it may come back to haunt them. Why take the risk? And why let some huge company have access to, let alone keep control of, all that information? A lot of hard questions need to be asked.
-

No comments: