Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Sunday Morning Muse, October 16, 2011


I feel bad for people who don't have a dump. I have a nice one, as dumps go. It's not a dump in the sense of a garbage heap. It's just woods with a low section that we constantly fill in. I can put leaves, weeds, brush, old flowers, crass cuttings and just about anything back there. It is really great when you have to clean the yard and you have carts full of leaves and yard waste.
-
I would hate to have to bag stuff up or depend on others to haul crap away. Yesterday was a blustery day. Leaves everywhere.

When I was outside debating whether to wait till ALL THE LEAVES fall, or get a start on things, a huge bird flew over head. Could be a turkey buzzard. It was huge. Bigger than a hawk. Unfortunately the camera is an older digital one with a very long shutter click time. Let's just say turtles can be a blur if they were walking past....so when a bird soars overhead and I click the button...It took three shots just to get the bird in the frame for Pete's sake.-
Anyhow...

-
Oh, I know this does the bird no justice. For all you see here with no perspective at all it could be a black bird. But no. It was huge. And he is around here somewhere. I'll catch him again someday in a better photo, I'm sure.

No comments: