Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Day of the Year

A New Year is a time of new beginnings, resolutions, auld lang syne and all that. I suppose if I have to pick something, I've made an attempt at dressing a little better. Suki introduced me to skirts and boots. Aside from
a day at work being called Pocohontas, I'm managing to pull off a nice colorful skirt, plain top, more jewelry
and a jacket, with my new suede fringe boots.
-
That said, I've let my hair grow, colored it darker and make an attempt each day to say at least two nice things. That is enough change for now.
-
I don't know whether the new year will bring a Kindle. I like the physical act of holding a book and reading it in bed. A kindle doesn't have all that much appeal to me right now. I had a panic moment last night when I ordered Arguably, by Hitchens, and the Kindle version autopopulated and poof!  I thought I was out 14 bucks.
Bottom line is I dared to try their HELP CHAT to fix the situation and an awfully efficient man (?) named Nahdeep was instantly about to credit me and I was credited in mere seconds.  Try that with Verizon.  Another story.
-
For those who know me, I have spent years of my life on hold or in endless menus with Verizon, and have managed to raised my blood pressure more than a few points.
-
I hope the New Year brings me less frustration, and more relaxation.  I hope the election year doesn't force me
to give up TV altogether.  (the attack ads with the lies/distortions/half-truths, etc.) I hope the stock market continues to climb...(5.5 percent this year!) and I hope that we all are healthy, relatively speaking, next year and that my pets are safe from imbecile neighbor's dogs.
-

No comments: