Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, February 12, 2012

No phone call last night. Probably didn't win the Powerball Jackpot with friends from work. But it is still early. Maybe once all the tickets are gone through, there is a smaller prize lurking. Even small amounts of unexpected money are nice. It'll help with the flower seed budget. I'm ordering all kinds of stuff today. 

Am I turning into the kind of a practical person who wishes for small things and never takes the time to dream the really "big" dreams anymore? Ohh. I'd hate that. But I admit I didn't spend time dreaming of winning millions. I do know I would donate a lot to animal shelters. I did think of that as I wandered the pet store on Friday. 

Millions didn't improve Whitney Houston's life that much. Dead at  48. I never liked her music. Not that it is her fault, but when she sang I Will Always Love You all those years ago, I was a twenty something, inbetween relationships, and everytime it came on the radio I just immediately snapped it right off. I convinced myself it was horribly oversung and later when I learned that Dolly Parton wrote it...and I heard Dolly sing it, I liked it better. Not oversung. I know... In this case 99.99999 percent of people disagree with me. Unfortunately I will have to hear the song all weekend on the news casts ( 5 times already before 7 oclock) so think of me walking out of rooms to get away from that tortured song.

Fark headline: Whitney Houston Beats Bobby Brown to Death.  

Bad, I know. But it's the internet. No manners, no civility. But it is funny. But not really. So I won't laugh. It's just irony.

1 comment:

Suki said...

I hated that song, too. :)