Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 9, 2012



It's a gray start to this Sunday morning with more rain expected. A good day to pay bills, write out Christmas cards and watch football and eat pizza.

Every day can't be a sunshiney bright day, right? If it was, I believe we would enjoy those days less. Here in PA, those perfect days are few and far between so we are used to gray and gloom. Some of us even take
Vitamin D just because we get so much less sunshine than the rest of the planet.

Inside though, it couldn't get more colorful and cheery. When I lived alone, I really didn't care all that much about decorating for the holidays. A wreath on the door, a small table size tree and a few snowmen, a sprig of mistletoe over the door frame and that was about it. Now that I'm here with mom, the holidays take over every corner of the house. Yes, it's all a bit overdone, and perhaps a bit cluttered, but you can't deny the spirit of the season here.

Except for the cats. I think Sweet Pea is Israel, trying to occupy more and more of the prime spots in the house, displacing Sambo who lived here first.  The battles are endless.

I wish Hillary would cut her hair. She is doing a great job, but her hair is getting in the way. Pulling it straight back is too harsh. When she wears it down she has good days and very bad days. Overall a shorter cut for her would make for a more consistent, classic look. I probably should take my own advice here too, but not just yet.


No comments: