Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Charles Nelson Reilly Dead at 76




"When I die, it's going to read, 'Game Show Fixture Passes Away'. Nothing about the theater, or Tony Awards, or Emmys. But it doesn't bother me."-- Charles Nelson Reilly




Saturday mornings were bliss for me as a kid--beginning with the Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner cartoons in the early morning. Then I watched some of the Sid and Mary Krofft cartoons, like Land of the Lost, and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, and occasionally Lidsville. Charles Nelson Reilly was Hoodoo the Magician. Even at age 7, I was a little too intellectual for Lidsville. The land of Talking Hats didn't hold my attention much.






BTW, Butch Patrick, who played Eddie on the Munsters, was the boy who fell into the hat and ended up in Lidsville. If you really want to visit memory lane, there is a YouTube right here of the Lidsville opening theme.








No comments: