Saturday, May 12, 2007

TV Moms, Part Two

I got to thinking about Ginny Sacrimoni of The Sopranos as one of my TV Mom picks for my Mother's Day post here on the Goosepath. But when I tried to research Ginny, there really wasn't much information about her.

For example, when I tried to find a nice portrait or photo.... I did a Yahoo- Image- Search and ... I got this response:

We did not find results for "Ginny Sacrimoni". Also try: Check your spelling.- Try more general words.- Try different words that mean the same thing.-

Yet --GO FIGURE....when I Yahoo- Image- searched Meadow Soprano, (not as a Mom... but just as another cast member)..... sheesh.... well.. look for yourself HERE.


One of the sites I did find (on just a regular search) for Ginny Sacrimoni was a short interview excerpted below--- talking about how she got onto the show, and a little about her. Her real name is... Denise Borino Quinn. I found out from the IMDB she had been a manicurist and legal secretary before she landed the Sopranos' part. And she is a Jersey Girl... and of Italian decent.

(snip)
On July 23, 2000, Denise and her friend were one of the 15000 people
who descended upon the town of Harrison, New Jersey for the open casting call held by The Sopranos. She didn't have much hope that she'd be picked, and basically ended up there to support here friend and watch the antics of the crowd, who patiently waited in line for hours, hoping for a chance to score a role on the HBO show..

Well.. the rest is history. Or almost history. There are only four shows left. :(

No comments: