Thursday, July 12, 2007

Black Cat's Lament


A black cat will definately cross my path Friday the 13th. And I don't expect Sambo will bring me bad luck, since I see her every day. I have been reading about black cat superstitions, and apparently, owning a black cat is actually considered good luck. Even having one cross your path can be good luck instead of bad, depending on where you live. If you can believe what you read.... in Britain and Japan, having a black cat cross your path is considered good luck, but if you live in the USA it is thought to be bad luck.

"Whenever the cat of the house is black, the lasses of lovers will have no lack." ~ English Proverb


"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"A cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world." - Irish Legend


No comments: