Monday, October 15, 2007

Dr. Phibes Versus Jason




Each year around this time when all the Halloween movies find their way to the front of the video stores, I still find myself going for the really old classics ---my favorite of course, Vincent Price. You can have your Friday the 13th's and Halloween movies, I'll take Dr. Phibes, House of Wax, The Pit and the Pendulum... House on Haunted Hill. Or how about The Fly?






I first saw these movies on Saturday afternoons, as a kid . Watching them in daylight was plenty scary enough... even without the blood and gore of today. But they were scary in a really far- out and strange sort of way. Like Dr. Phibes and his freaky organ with the mannequin band playing instruments .... and those insane methods he dreamed up to kill people.


I just dug up The Trailer from the Pit and the Pendulum. Classic Vincent Price!

No comments: