Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Past Life Regression - You Decide


I found this picture in a photo album here at the house. I thought it was just perfect for my post tonight about past life regression. An unidentified woman following a dark figure down a path. As with anything that has no definitive explanation, there are several theories about what occurs during past life regression. You can choose to believe it is reincarnation, genetic "memory" passed from cell structures through generations, or even just a fantasy. Nevertheless, something does happen during a regression, and the belief is that it can bring a person an emotional release.

When I had it done many years ago, I experienced the strange sense of being under a sort of hypnosis. It would be easy to shrug it off as simply that, but I felt as if the person who led me through the regression sort of took me down a path by asking open ended questions and I filled in the blanks. It was blissful to just let your mind go.

The way it worked, I was in a group lying on the floor of a classroom and the leader, for lack of better word, put us into a very comfortable, relaxing state and gently pushed us back through our current life's memorable moments. (Graduation, 16th Birthday, First Day of School, etc.) Eventually we went back to the very earliest thoughts we could think of, and then.... the suspension of belief, as the questions led us to the most important moment in the life before this one. All this time we "answered" the questions in our own minds instead of aloud, but every once in a while he would walk over to someone and ask what that person was "seeing" or "hearing" at the moment and it quickly became apparent that some people were having no success at all... some seemed to be making up things or showing obvious frustration at not being successful. Or quitting altogether.

Coming in as the skeptic, no one was more shocked than me to find I was experiencing, quite out of my own control, an unexpected sequence of events in this 'past life' I had entered. When asked to 'look around" and say aloud what I saw.... I saw nothing but a pair of yellow boots on my feet, and water below, as if I was on a bridge. I couldn't look up, or side to side or really anywhere. I had no idea what was going on.

The leader was fascinated by that, and came over for a more personal intervention. We 'exited' that particular 'moment' in this past life and he asked me to go to another 'important moment' in that life to see what we could learn. A series of questions revealed that I was 12 years old and living in 1902. My parents were dead and, as I sat in a wooden windowbox seat looking at a stone bridge over water out in the distance, I could hear relatives arguing over what they were going to do about me. It seemed no one wanted me. I started to cry at this point and was quite embarrassed, so the leader asked me to let this go, and instead we would go to the very last moment of this life to see how it ended.

All of a sudden--- all I could see was those yellow boots again, and the water below. This was where I had entered this life the first time....and by chance, it happened to be the last moment in that life! I had never looked up again. And those boots were the last thing I saw before I went under the water and drowned!

--------

Strange stuff, huh? You can't make this up. Or maybe you can. I don't know.
Past life? Fantasy? You decide. I haven't.

No comments: