Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 30, 2007


"We're poor, but H and R Block gave us some money." Jimmy, age 7, overheard in a store.

---
I've been giving some thought to buying a computer or maybe a laptop. The income tax checks are the next thing to really look forward to, and if I come across a deal perhaps I'll go for it, and be able to pay it off just like that!


It's funny how a seven year old's view of the world is really not so far off target. I have always thought of the income tax check as "free" money. Not money withheld from me all year that I could have had a little at a time all along, but, in a sense a "Christmas club" kind of check that used to arrive in the mail just at about the time I was tapped out with winter heating bills and such.



No comments: