Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 16, 2007


Good Morning everyone! Spending a lot of couch time this weekend, and I've seen a few of those "Year in Review" lists, and it got me to thinking about putting together a Goosepath Top Ten or something like that. This is my 195th post. That number even suprized me. The path was a bit rocky at first. I've taken some criticism for meandering a bit, but the theme of this blog is the Journey, not the destination, so who knows what direction it will take next year.


Year End Reviews serve up a nice helping of nostaglia at the perfect time. It's like taking one last look at the slate before wiping it all clean and starting again. For sports fans, it's the highlight tape. In golf, it's a string of those miracle shots that Tiger Woods' hits over and over again. (And I never tire of it. Did I really hear that he teed it up 16 times on Tour this year and won 7 of the events?)


THE GOOSEPATH TOP TEN POSTS OF THE YEAR


1. Limbo eliminated. As of Friday, April 20, 2007, Pope does away with Limbo.

2. Tony Soprano is Dead. The subject of the most controversy on the Goosepath.

3. Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud. It's amazing. According to my statcounter, this post was what more people searched for who found my site, than any other posting. It is the title of Brian May's thesis for his Doctoral degree in Astrophysics.

4. Art Bell Retires... Again. Some people think of him as a charlatan...and maybe he does put us on a bit.... but late at night when I heard his famous "sounds from Hell" deep from a hole into the center of the Earth, or those eerie ghostlike soundbytes caught on tape in a cemetary... I shivered a bit under the covers . Just like a kid at camp.

5. All I need is the air that I breathe. The latest air quality study doesn't bode well for the region at all. All the news stories about CO2 emissions really hit home when you live close to coal powered power plants. A lot of people get cancer around here. I'm just sayin.

6. What to feed the cat. The pet food scare. Wow. I still get upset thinking about it.

7. Dumbledore is Gay. Nuff said. Not that there's something wrong with that.

8. God Speaks...Again. What a paradox.... God first tells Richard Roberts that we live in a "litigious society".... and to fight the charges against him. Then God changes HIS mind. Tells him He'll do something miraculous if Roberts quits his job at Oral Roberts University. (You'd think God would have known all along how all this would turn out..... unless... gee... maybe it wasn't God at all talking to Roberts. Maybe he is just a money grubbing nutter.)

9. Will He Get Hazard Pay for This? One of my favorite posts. Silly.

10. My Favorite Video. I try to stay above the fray with politics, but this attempt to make fun of it all, was just too tempting for me.

No comments: