Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Sunday Morning Muse, December 2, 2007

I was only a kid but I first remember the hype surrounding Evil Knievel when he made that ill-fated attempt to jump an Idaho canyon on a rocket-powered motorcycle in 1974... What a daredevil! Why would someone DO such a thing? It was cool. Just like on Happy Days when Fonzie-- jumped over 14 garbage cans and crashed into Arnold's Chicken Stand.
-
Evil Knievel action figures were in the stores-- and were probably on many Christmas lists that year. I can remember my neighbor yelling I'M EVIL KNIEVEL and jumping his bicycle off the curbs in the local parking lots.

-
Perhaps Evil was not the best choice for hero... but he certainly made life a little more exciting.

Hard to believe that Evil died of natural causes at age 69.

No comments: