Friday, March 28, 2008

Can't We Just Vote Already?


I wonder what else is going on in the world that is going unreported because every frigging night newscasts are devoted to the latest he-said/she-said or an apology, or a mis-speak or a racist remark? I live in Pennsylvania and I simply can't take it anymore.

May just pull the plug on the TV altogether, thanks to the millions of dollars worth of commercials we have to contend with as well, between now and the primary election here.

I wish I could link it, but I lost this story about how years ago, before the internet got really big, and we had a hundred TV stations, that people predicted we would have MORE NEWS. That's right. More stories of the plight of everyday people. More stories about our friends and neighbors and what is going on, and who is making a difference, and what needs done and how to do it.

Actually we have LESS news.

Go Figure.

No comments: