Friday, March 14, 2008

Who's the Boss, Now?



Incase you missed this headline this week, an Australian woman pleaded guilty-- and got eight years in prison for fatally stabbing her boyfriend who didn't want her listening to Bruce Springsteen.

The woman said she "just got tired" of her boyfriend bossing her around during their two-year relationship.


(snip)

"I couldn't even play Bruce Springsteen on my stereo. Can you believe that? Can you believe that?" Cooper told police, according to the Courier Mail newspaper. Later, in a formal police interview, she repeated her claims: "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen? I am 49 years old and I want to play my own music."

-
Cooper's lawyer told the court she experienced a "brain snap." She ran to the kitchen, grabbed a knife and stabbed Watson, 49, after he said he didn't want her to listen to a Springsteen CD, the newspaper said.

No comments: